Job Description & Responsibilities
The position offers excellent learning opportunities to participate in a variety of services typically offered by larger accountancy firms, but within a more personal environment. The Accounts Junior will be part of the Accounts Department, and will be primarily responsible for the following duties:
- Maintaining the general ledger and reconciling balance sheet accounts;
- Calculating and posting month end journals;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assisting with the analysis of accounts and preparation of adhoc financial reports, as requested;
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT Returns;
- Assisting with year-end closings;
- Performing any other accounting duty that may be required to achieve the Accounts department objectives
Minimum Qualifications Required
An ‘A’ level qualification in Accounting and be in the process of attaining an Accounting qualification. Study leave will be given as well as paying for all ACCA tuition and exam costs.
Minimum Accounting Experience Required
This position calls for a self-motivated person with a strong likeness for accounting. We will train you and provide a mentor to assist you with your work challenges.
Additonal Experience Required
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a positive approach and strong communication skills;
- Show a sense of responsibility for his/her own work;
- Show initiative;
- Be organised and accurate in his/her work;
- Be able to work as part of a team.